Title Senior Project Manager
Location Memphis, TN
Description Kimley-Horn is looking for a hands-on Water Resources business development practice builder to be based in either our Memphis or Nashville offices. The practice builder will have an entrepreneurial spirit and create a vision for growth for a local or regional Water Resources practice and beyond. This individual will lead the business development effort and manage the relationship with key clients. Markets are not limited by geography but driven by relationships. Leadership responsibilities include: operating with integrity and sound business principals, providing practice vision, business planning and strategy, establishing goals, building and maintaining positive client relationships, open communication with partners and team, along with growing and directing a utilities practice. This person will be expected to manage projects profitably, transition work to qualified staff, grow and mentor staff, help recruit, and be a positive role model. Management responsibilities include but are not limited to; meeting or exceeding client expectations, identifying and tracking leads, making presentations, writing proposals and a scope of work, establishing budgets, ensuring quality and timeliness of deliverables, and supervising the execution of work. The successful candidate will be given a great deal of autonomy to lead, direct, and grow their business. Accounting, administrative, marketing, recruiting, IT and production support will be provided. With success, this individual will enjoy the rewards of a performance based work environment and can advance to ownership.
Position Requirements • 20 or more years experience in civil engineering and design with at least 5 directly managing water resource projects, either storm water or utility, in the Memphis or Nashville areas
• System/regional planning and/or infrastructure experience preferred
• Client contacts and relationships with local municipalities, area counties, water management authorities and local, regional, state agencies
• Business development skills and the proven ability to win work.
• Experience writing proposals, scopes of work, and budgets for projected work.
• Ability to effectively communicate at all levels of the organization.
• Ability to manage & mentor staff, and direct resources effectively in a positive manner.
• Demonstrated ability to manage projects.
Min. Education Level Bachelor's Degree
Required Major Civil Engineering
Professional Registration P.E. - Professional Engineer
Desired Qualifications • Ability to cross sell multiple disciplines